How technology will change human sexuality from researchers at FutureofSex.net
We’re pleased to announce the launch of the Future of Sex Report!
From the start, our goal at FutureofSex.net has been to push discussion and awareness on how sexuality is being shaped by emerging technologies. Most importantly, we want to bring this discussion to a wide audience so as many people as possible can participate in creating a positive and inclusive sexual future.
Sex and sexuality are crucial to who we are as human beings, and technology is playing a pivotal role in determining who will we become. However, these topics don’t always receive the attention they deserve. Our hope with this report is to bring more visibility to these subjects to people all around the world.
Please share the report with your friends, and start a conversation on what you would like to happen. Thanks for joining us on this exciting journey!
Read the report here: Future of Sex Report (8MB pdf)
View our report infographic here: Future of Sex Report-Predictions Infographic
View the press release pdf here: Future of Sex Report Press Release
PRESS RELEASE POSTED BELOW:
9 Incredible Predictions on the Future of Sex: New Report on How Technology Will Change Human Sexuality from Researchers at FutureofSex.net
FutureofSex.net, the world’s leading publication on how technology is changing human sexuality, has just launched a research report on the future of sex. The fascinating 25-page document contains everything you need to know about where our erotic futures lie.
The report focuses on 5 major fields, explaining for each what they are, the state of the art today and what to expect tomorrow in:
- Remote Sex
- Virtual Sex
- Immersive Entertainment
The report contains 9 startling predictions on how our sex lives will undergo incredible change and reach unbelievable new heights in the next few decades.
“Technology is transforming every aspect of our lives, including our sexuality,” says Ross Dawson, leading futurist and the publisher of FutureofSex.net. “How we connect with our loved ones, the intimacy of our relationships with technology, and even our identities are swiftly moving into uncharted territory.”
“Sexual relationships are no longer limited by geographic space, and breakthroughs in the medical field are opening and re-opening erotic possibilities in the face of human biology,” says Jenna Owsianik, editor of FutureofSex.net “Research into making sex safer—and more pleasurable—has also gained significant financial support, paving the way for an exciting sexual future.”
The 9 predictions are:
- Adult performers and some B-list celebrities will sell robotic replicas of themselves designed for sex by 2033
- One in 10 young adults will have had sex with a humanoid robot by 2045
- By 2028 over a quarter of young people will have had a long-distance sexual experience
- 3D-printed body parts of your lover, enabled with touch feedback, will add intense realism to long-distance sex by 2025
- First dates in motion-capture virtual worlds will become popular by 2022
- By 2024 people will be able to be anybody, with anybody, enacting impossible fantasies in photo-realistic virtual worlds
- Brain-to-brain interfaces will allow partners to stimulate each other to reach orgasm directly by 2027
- Sci-Fi sex fantasies will spring to life as people can enhance their biology and merge with machines to become superhuman sex idols
- By 2020 people will regularly pair virtual reality and haptic sex toys to fully immersive themselves into adult entertainment
For comprehensive insights into where sex is headed, read the full report here: http://bit.ly/future-of-sex-report
Launched in 2011, the publication has grown to become the world’s leading publication on how
technology is changing human sexuality, today and tomorrow. It provides deep, insightful coverage of the edge of sex technologies and possibilities, including sex robots, remote sex, immersive adult entertainment, human augmentation, and virtual sex.
Its mission is to help people understand the possibilities and implications of how sex is evolving, so they are better prepared for the coming transformation of human sexuality, potentially far beyond what we have ever before imagined.